On the southern edge of the Goonhilly Station site is a `Standing Stone`, or MENHIR, c.1000 B.C., and a `Barrow`, to which there is an easily accessible footpath. The path is clearly marked from the main road, about 200m on the St Keverne side of the main Goonhilly Station entrance.
The early Cornish people thought that a pot of gold was buried under every Standing Stone. So, like some others, the `Dry Tree Menhir` was toppled from its position.
During June 1927, Colonel Serecold & Colonel Sir Courtney Vyvyan organised the re-erection of the menhir by a gang of quarrymen from Porthoustock.