GREAT OFFICE is located opposite LISMORE GARDENS on the northernside of Cross Street and approximately 100 metres from the junction with Church Street
The `Great Office` was constructed in the early 1700`s and has often been described as “a tall and distinguished late Georgian building”.
For over 200 years it was the office of some of Helston`s Lawyers.
Local names such as Grylls, Glynns, Hills & Ratcliffes have long been associated with it.
The building at one time also housed local banks and the the Registrar of Births, Deaths & Marriages Office.